Post Remedial Site Activities
Once an open case with the State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) due to gasoline constituents impacting soil and groundwater for a site located in Los Angeles County. Remedial and sampling events indicated the constituents of concerns (COCs) below the screening and guidance levels, and thus, pre-closure notification was warranted. Prior to the issuance of a Closure Letter, groundwater monitoring wells had to abandoned according to the California Well Standards Bulletin 74-90 (Part III, Destruction of Monitoring Wells).
Scope of Work:
1. Groundwater wells were pressure grouted with cement grout slurry (5% bentonite)
2. Monitoring well boxes were removed after pressure grouting
3. Top of casing were back-filled with cement
4. Wells were capped & sealed with concrete to match existing grade surface
5. Waste generated during process were disposed by certified handler